1. After many days of traveling, I’m finally back in my own home on my own couch lazily drinking my own coffee. (Not that I particularly object to any of the coffees I had while away- except that disappointing one from Tim Horton’s.) And I’m finally catching up on everyone’s blog posts. So much reading, so little time for laundry!
2. Grace was a little trouper the whole time, tolerating her car seat, late nights, and missed/short naps really well. Though, like I told my dad, traveling with a toddler is not for the faint of heart, especially when you spend as much time in the car as out of it.
3. I did have a plethora of help the whole trip, but I was so glad to be home and have Joe there to take over while I crashed. I’m so glad that I’m not a single parent, and I have so much respect for all those that are and the responsibility they have.
4. So, the first (full) day in NY, my mom, sister and I hosted a shower for my best friend…. and the only photos I took are on her dad’s phone. oops. It was fun to throw everything together and get to celebrate her upcoming nuptials in person. I love you, Kristi!
5. On the way home, I discovered Francesca’s in South Bend. How have I never come across this before? I loved it, except when I realized that I’m an old woman because every time I saw a sweet little dress I’d think, “Cute… but if only it were 2 inches longer.”
6. I got to enjoy a lovely Mother’s Day yesterday. God delivered a gorgeous sunshiny day, Joe delivered by taking us to brunch (I didn’t cook OR have to clean up!!!), and Grace delivered by being (mostly) good at the restaurant. Win-win-win.
7. Happy late Mother’s Day to all mothers out there, including but not limited to, my own dear mother, my part-time mother (you know who you are), wonderful mother-in-law, and all my friends (real-life and blog) who are mothers to born and pre-born children. And to all those who spiritually mother, because that is a very special motherhood, too.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!