1. First, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone’s sweet well-wishes, cards, meals, gifts, etc. on Sophia’s arrival. We are so blessed with wonderful family and friends.
2. So far, I think we’re all adjusting fairly well. I don’t know if Sophie is just an easier baby than Grace, the fact that with Grace we were first time parents, we had a death in the family and funeral out of town days after Grace was born, we’re no longer in an apartment (no neighbors to hear baby’s cries in the middle of the night through paper-thin walls), I wasn’t stupid enough to hold out on giving a pacifier when needed, or that we have more people helping us out this time around. Probably a combo of everything. Oh, and I’ve been keeping my expectations wildly low, too. As long as the kids are alive, we all get (some) sleep, and we have food and clothes, I’m pretty content. Everything else is a bonus.
3. It also helps that the last four days (while Joe’s been working and I’ve been flying solo), God had pity on me and allowed the girls to nap at the same time. If it wasn’t Lent, I’d put a big ol’ Hallelujah! right here.
4. Since everyone asks, Grace loves being a big sister. I’m well aware that jealousy can and most likely will rear its ugly head soon, but thus far, we mostly have to protect Sophie from an over-eager helpful sister. I think my fave was when Grace wanted to pick up a crying Sophie from her crib, and confessed to pulling on her feet to get her closer to the edge. Nice.
5. Filler picture:
6. And another of big sis and her less-puffy-than-eleven-days-ago-mama:
7. Happy Friday! We plan on getting Grace outside to enjoy the snow, and taking advantage of my mom being here to bake, clean, craft, and keep Grace out of trouble as much as possible.
Head on over to check out more takes by Jen and friends and enjoy your weekend!