also known as: one of the few reasons I ever get around to blogging.
1. I’m still alive over here. I’ll be stir crazy if I don’t make it out of the house soon, or get a bit of time to myself without holding my breath wondering if a small child will be wailing any second, but still alive and relatively well.
2. God, in His infinite mercy, has allowed both girls to nap at the same time every day this week. Until, of course, today, when I’m getting to the end of my rope. Maybe I’ll be able to finish lunch by 3 today? Doubtful.
3. Really, though, all complaining aside, things have been going better than I initially thought they would. I think I just expected life to be superdupercrazy hard with two, (which it kind of is) but it hasn’t been as nuts as I’d thought yet. Of course, now that I’ve shared that with the www my life is going to become hellish for awhile… doesn’t it always work that way?
4. The reason behind my lack of sleep (and subsequent short temper with ultra-whiny two-year-olds):
|good thing she’s cute
5. When my mom and brother visited last weekend, I mentioned that we’d probably be doing some baking. I don’t bake much (isn’t meal planning/shopping/cooking/cleaning up enough? usually yes) but last weekend we kinda went nuts. Scones, cookies, my favorite cake ever (what? it was for my brother’s birthday) and that doesn’t count all the desserts kind souls brought us with post-baby meals. Grace now thinks she is entitled to caramel rolls, cookies, and the like for every healthy morsel she eats- and this from a house that rarely has sweets.
6. Speaking of cookies, I’ve eaten my body weight in canestrelli (Italian butter cookies) this week. I’m talking my full-term pregnancy body weight. They’re so good- although with about three sticks of butter, they can’t be bad.
7. And now that I’ve complained, lost my temper with Grace far too many times, and been generally grouchy today, I checked the mail to find a two page letter from a dear friend- sealed with red sealing wax, no less. Just what I needed after a long, coffee-less morning. I’m so grateful for small blessings (that really are kind of a big deal when you need them the most).
And now that the girls are both napping (fingers and toes all crossed!) I’m off to have a date with some cake, so head on over to read many more takes by Jen and the gang.