This ended up being just long enough to stretch into Jen‘s Seven Quick Takes linkup… so check there for more reading material!
1. First, could you spare a minute (or more!) to pray for this family? Mary writes so lovingly about their family’s journey through her daughter’s final weeks on earth. The faith their whole family shows is so inspiring, and it comes across in every post she writes. If you feel called to help them out financially (they could really use it!) you can do so through her site as well.
2. Here’s a cool new product for all you crunchy people out there (or if you just live somewhere that doesn’t use grocery bags!). Joe’s company made the video, and when he showed me, I was really impressed! (Both with the product idea and with the video, Joe). I’m definitely no hippie, but I’ll use these for sure.
3. My brother’s girlfriend nannied (nannies? they weren’t clear on the details) these kids and when she sent me this video, told me she’s pretty sure they still don’t keep flour in the house. I can’t say that I blame them. Also, I have to say that I’m seriously impressed that the mom didn’t freak like I surely would have.
4. Jenny is doing a great series this month about what Catholics believe about sex and marriage… this one is my favorite so far, but they’re all good!
5. For all you comic book nerds out there (not me) check it out–my cousin is Batman! He was used as a model for this Batman arc, plus another cousin was used as the model for a new villain.
6. Molly wrote a wonderful piece on being open to life, and how that looks different for different families.
7. And that’s all I’ve got for now! Hope you all enjoy your weekend–we’re planning on hitting up the homecoming football game tonight and I think I might finally bust out some fall decorations tomorrow. Maybe we’ll go on a pumpkin hunt, too, because what fun is it to buy them from the grocery store?
And now I’m hearing loud crashes from Grace’s room where she is decidedly not napping… this should be good.