Five Trader Joe’s Favorites
It’s not very often that I get to hit up Trader Joe’s, since there isn’t one within a three-hour radius (go ahead, pity me… and send me a care package) I tend to stock up on some winners while we’re there. We also like to try some new things when we go, and thus far, here’s some of my faves:
1. Peanut Butter with Flax and Chia Seeds: it has a little crunch (so Joe stays far away, which means more for me!) and takes all the thinking out of adding flax+chia seeds for that extra metabolism boost or whatever it is they do. I like it a lot better than adding chia seeds to smoothies, plus it takes out that step.
2. Cowboy bark: sweet and salty and crunchy and smooth and altogether awesome. No joke, when my grandparents knew my mom would be going to TJ’s, they asked her to buy $50 worth of this. I can’t say that I blame them.
3. Mandarin Orange Chicken (not pictured, because we are out): okay, so I might be slightly off on the name, but it’s in the freezer section and you’ll know it when you see it. Grace isn’t a chicken fan, but even she can choke this down. As a rule, I don’t do freezer meals, but Joe and I love this (I usually pair it with their vegetable fried rice). Plus it is so quick and easy, which I love when it comes to dinner.
4. Also not pictured, Inner Peas (snap pea crisps): I love love love these for a snack or to go with lunch or a movie… really anytime. I could eat these in one sitting (don’t ask me how I know).
5. Biscotti: I tried both of these and enjoy them. I do like homemade biscotti, but rarely bake them, so these are awesome to have on hand. I love that they’re little, so I can eat more than one without feeling guilty. Plus, they’re soft enough that you don’t have to be afraid of chipping your teeth.
Dark Chocolate Truffle Bars: Sweet, but rich enough that you won’t want to eat the whole bar at once. I love having just a bit when I’m in the mood for a little dessert
Kettle chips: They’re branded as “reduced guilt” so I think that says it all.
Cinnamon Schoolbook cookies: I bought these for the kids, and they love seeing the different letters and numbers. Also, they taste good.
I know I’m missing a lot of items on this list, and haven’t tried any of the pumpkin products that I hear are everywhere. What are your favorites? What should I add to my list next time I shop?