Seven Quick Takes
Linking up with published author (!!!!) Jen!
1. Big announcement! (not a pregnancy one, everyone settle down)
We bought a house! Not just any house, but the one we’ve been living in for the past three years. A little anti-climactic, maybe, but at least we get the fun (and stress of having a mortgage) without the work of moving. Moving and all the packing and the unpacking and cleaning the place you move into and cleaning the place you move out of–all with little kids–is not my idea of a good time.
2. We’re getting excited to take on some bigger projects now that we know we’re staying here. We had a unique arrangement, in that we knew the landlords (Joe worked with the son-in-law of the previous owner) and they gave us a break on rent to do some updating. The house was seriously dated and a little gross (not terrible, but not great) and needed quite a bit of work. We didn’t want to pour money into the place, since we didn’t know if we’d stay a long time, but it was a fun challenge to work on a tight budget to update the space as much as we could. We loved that we had a lot of freedom to make it our own, and it’s paid off since we won’t be moving for quite some time now.
3. Have you read Jen’s book yet? Something Other Than God was just released, and all of my social media is blowing up with images of it. I can’t wait to read it. I’ve read some of Jen’s story on her blog and heard her talk on the Lighthouse CD, but I know the book will be even better.
4. In other news, today’s my dad’s birthday. Happy birthday, Pop. Hope your day is much warmer than the one when this was taken:
5. Had to take a quick break for some laundry switching. Naturally, the week I was without a washing machine was the week that the kids wet their beds… some more than once (ahem, GRACE). Potty training is not all it’s cracked up to be. Luckily, the machine is in working order and I didn’t have to resort to the laundromat… always a fun experience with kids.
6. Do you remember the post about all the tea parties? The other day, I walked out of the shower to this:
I’m told it was a decorating party. I guess that’s what the HGTV magazine was for? There were also games set up on the coffee table, just out of the photo.
7. Sophie has been subjecting us to her temper again lately. A few days ago, we were at a friend’s house, and Soph was hanging out on the floor when I noticed she had something in her mouth. I fished out an entire baby carrot, and she got so mad that she started pulling my hair. Excuse me? I just, you know, saved your life and all. Her reaction was so extreme that I had to hand her off to Joe, because it’s really hard to admonish someone when you’re laughing at them.
Trying to put her shoes on… obviously she was successful.
Happy Friday, all. Hope your weekend is a good one.