Seven Quick Takes
Once again, linking up with Jen!
1. I’ve been in a bit of a blog funk lately – several times in the last week I’ve had the time, sat down to blog, and come up with nothing. Nada. Maybe a couple of sentences here or there, but I was boring myself so unpublished they will stay. Jen is hosting a link to blogging every day for a week, so maybe that challenge will help me out and get back to posting regularly.
2. Thanks to everyone for the get well wishes – Joe and I are both fine, and thus far the girls are. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc. etc. Soph had a rough couple of days lately (lots of shots will do that to a baby) but she’s chasing Grace and a ball around the house now, so hopefully she’s back to her sweet self.
She was furious with the nurse and then the doctor when they had the audacity to measure, weigh, and examine her – none of which was painful. You can imagine how the subsequent blood draw and shots went.
3. Since we weren’t feeling well, I decided to just buy some cupcakes for Sophie’s birthday. I don’t think she minded.
4. One of our favorite places to go is the library. They have a small, somewhat closed-off corner in the kids’ section with toys, and Sophie hasn’t yet figured out how to pull books off the shelves yet. One of these years I’ll remember to go during story time, but the girls love having a different place to play, and it’s extra nice that it is free. Seriously – our library doesn’t have late fees, and it is as awesome as you’d think.
5. So we’ve been getting a few inches of snow a lot of times here this winter, which means Joe gets to shovel frequently. Last weekend, Grace wanted to help, so I quickly bundled her up and sent her out.
6. We had some lovely warm temps for a couple of days, and it’s been making me long for spring, especially after last night’s blizzard. I was starting a Pinterest round up of happy, springy photos, but Lisa did my work for me. Check it out and think happy thoughts.
7. We’re getting a date night in tonight, thanks to my wonderful sister and brother-in-law’s offer of free babysitting. We’re going to a movie for the first time in, I don’t know, a year? We’re going to see The Lego Movie, because nothing says hot date like a movie for kids (sans our kids). Be very very jealous of our lives.
And that’s seven! Have a great weekend!