7 Quick Takes
Here’s a few things I’ve been enjoying this week:
1. Love Stories. I’m a sucker for a good romance, and reading these has been great entertainment for all the late-night feedings.
2. Twice. It’s an online shop that buys and sells brand-name clothes. I finally signed up, and oh my gosh do I love it. I rarely get to shop anymore (small town with VERY limited options and small children) and I hate paying full-price for things, so I was intrigued when I came across this site. All the fun of consigning without having to leave my house? I don’t think it gets a whole lot better. Plus, my stuff came crazy quick – which I love, especially since I’ve been spoiled by Amazon Prime’s fast shipping.
3. Small towns. There’s a lot of pluses and minuses for them, but on this occasion, I’m really loving ours. I had to take Grace to the ER for the first time recently, and it was so nice to have a friend working that night who took great care of her. (She’s fine, by the way. She cut her chin, but luckily we were able to go the much more painless superglue route instead of stitches.)
4. New Girl. I saw that the first season finally made it onto Netflix, and from what I’d heard, I wanted to check it out. Joe and I ended up binge-watching the first season in record time and began our hunt for season 2. I love how quirky and weird all the characters are, and the dialogue actually makes me laugh aloud, which is saying a lot.
6. This post by Haley. A great read about the crazy season that is parenting small children.
7. The combo of vanilla vodka, peach schnapps, and Sprite. I don’t know if there’s an actual name for the cocktail (I’m accepting suggestions) but I’ve loved it since my (then-future) brother-in-law made the drink for me on my 21st. It’s well past happy hour and I successfully got two over-tired children to sleep while Joe is at some shindig enjoying free pizza and beer (all in the name of business networking, of course) so I’m celebrating.
Bonus! 8. This photo that just popped up of my cousin and her cute little family. They (husband included, he’s taking the pic) went thrifting, picked out each other’s clothes, and wore their new outfits around town. Here they are at Walmart:
I think the glasses really make the ensemble.
Linking up with Jen of course, so head over to read lots more takes!