Seven Quick Takes
1. First of all, I want to ask that you please, pretty pretty please pray for Dwija, her unborn baby, and her family. There’s been some complications with this pregnancy, and after having another ultrasound yesterday with not-so-great news, she and her family can use all the prayers they can get. Thank you!!
Okay, now for all my trivial takes-
2. So, I bought Nutella for the first time the other day. I have no idea why it took me this long… maybe I didn’t want to get sucked into one of the biggest Pinterest cliches? Although it’s not like I’m afraid of jumping on any and all bandwagons. Seriously, though. I love chocolate and I love hazelnuts. Match made in fattening heaven. New favorite snack: toast with Nutella and sliced strawberries. The strawberries balance out the health factor, right? (Say yes.)
3. Speaking of strawberries, I am so glad it’s June. I’ve never been a big fan of fruit, but I love berries. I love when June rolls around and all of a sudden berries are in season and affordable. Luckily, Grace decided to change her story and now, after two years, likes them. Very convenient, since I have four pounds of them in the fridge right now.
4. This week I’ve been waging war against ants. Not the giant gross carpenter ants that would march into my dad’s house every summer, but still. Every time I think I’ve finally stopped them, I find them in another spot in the house. I think we need to use some ant poison and spray the crap out of the north side of our house (they don’t seem to care about any other sides) and see if that works. We used a bit inside but had to be extremely conservative, because it’s poison and you know, small kids and all.
5. We’ve been working on potty-training Grace (I can hear you laughing from here, Mom) and getting Sophie to sleep at night and I think I might maybe just lose my mind. I know that the end results will be worth it but ohmygosh I hate it right now. Sophia is finally crying less at night, but then wakes more frequently than the nights that she would cry and cry forever before sleeping. The kid just hates falling asleep, and so she’s not good at napping right now, either. And the potty-training? It’s been going on for far too long, but no matter what, nothing seems to work. We keep going back and forth between thinking she’s ready and (me) deciding that no she isn’t after lots of failure and frustration. Right now I’m tempted to let her train herself when she goes to kindergarten.
6. One of Grace’s new things: she’s been learning her letters and how to spell her name (she loves for me to write on her Maggot Noodle – MagnaDoodle in Grace-speak) and so the magnetic chalkboard/letters have been a big hit this past week or two.
7. How my OCD husband grills:
And that’s all I’ve got. Hope you have a great weekend! Don’t forget to visit Jen and read a lot more takes that are a lot more interesting!