7 Quick Takes
Linking up with Jen and all the other takers today!
1. After venting a bit yesterday, I’m feeling much better today. This is due in large part to only getting up with Sophie once last night (which was really early morning) and getting some halfway decent sleep. I heard somewhere that you know if a person is really nice if they can be pleasant when tired, hungry, or sick. Let’s just say, in this household, there’s only one genuinely nice person, and then three females. Sorry, Joe. We’re just helping you get to heaven that much faster.
2. One of my cousins came over this morning to entertain Grace. It was AWESOME. She just started summer break a couple of weeks ago, and to help fill her time, she’ll be coming over as often as I can get her. She is great with kids, old enough that they don’t have to be supervised every second, and Grace loves having a playmate. Plus, then I can try to get something done when (if) Sophie naps because Grace isn’t asking me to play with her. It is theee best.
3. I had just typed a whole take about how the kids are napping (!) at the same time (!) without very much protest (!!) and immediately started hearing little thumps from Grace’s room. I’m not superstitious (just a little stitious) but I firmly believe that every time I even think about complimenting the kids’ good behavior, the whole thing backfires. Maybe someday I’ll learn.
4. I realized that it’s probably time that we buckle Sophie into the bouncy seat when I found this about 2 seconds after I put her in:
5. Now that summer is upon us (read: tank top and swimsuit season) I’ve been trying to scrounge up some motivation to work out more and eat healthier. The eating part isn’t much of a problem because I generally buy healthy-ish food (unless Joe is the one who goes to the store- then all bets are off!) but the exercise part is not going well. It’s like confession- I know it’s good for me and I always feel better afterward, but I dread actually doing it. I’m really good at putting things off, which I almost always regret. Anyway, I’m accepting any and all good motivation, tips, tricks, etc.
6. All of a sudden this week the flowers around my house started blooming. They were all planted before we moved in, so I always forget that they’ll be there until they actually appear. My favorites are the roses and peonies. Unfortunately, they were beat up a bit by an early morning thunderstorm, but like any good blogger, I snapped photos to share anyway:
7. I’m hoping to get some quality outdoors time this weekend, as long as the rain (every single weekend!) and hordes of mosquitoes hold off. Hope you have a good one!