Theme Thursday: Self-Portrait

What?! Two posts in one day? If you’re assuming that the children are asleep and that I’m ignoring the laundry, you would be correct. And since one of those sleeping children is in my lap, it rather limits what I can do right now. Lucky you.

self-portraitOkay, fine. This was taken a year ago for a different photo project, before I had forgotten most everything I learned about DSLR cameras. I’m still working on growing my hair back out after the hairdresser hacked it far, far shorter than what I wanted.

This one is much more current and much more indicative of my life right now: the only photos I have been taking are with my phone, and I’m generally holding a child.

selfie

Linking up with Cari again today- maybe in all of her free time (when she’s not homeschooling, building chicken coops or getting published) she’ll come up with a fancy little image that we can stick on these Theme Thursday posts? (I’m guessing it’ll be a fisher cat with a camera.) Be sure to see everyone else’s selfies! It’s a teenage girl’s heaven!

8 Responses to "Theme Thursday: Self-Portrait"

1. Beth

May 30, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Love both of your shots! And you baby is beautiful!

• Francine Weber

May 30, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Thank you! I think so too, but then I’m a bit biased. 🙂

2. Dwija Borobia (@HouseUnseen)

May 30, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Fisher cat with a camera! You are a genius!

Love that pic of you and that scrumptious babe 🙂

• Francine Weber

May 30, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Thanks Dweej! She looks like a goober in that picture. She loves having her fingers in her mouth!

3. Cari Donaldson (@CariDonaldson)

May 30, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I’m sure you hear this all the time, so forgive me for my redundancy, but HOW are you old enough to be a mama? That adorable picture of you and your little one you look like you’re a teenager.

Not that there’s anything WRONG with being a married teenaged mother….? I mean. Yeah, I’m shutting up now.

Fisher cat with camera FTW!!

• Francine Weber

May 30, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Ha! I actually haven’t heard that, although I’m positive it’s just because most people are too shy to say it out loud. And no offense here, I was in my twenties when I got married (which was pre-Grace).

I have high expectations for this image!!

4. Rosie Hill (@RosieHill425)

May 30, 2013 at 7:21 pm

You look so lovely and mother-y in that second picture 🙂 And I love how Sophia just has her fingers crammed in her mouth – that’s most of our pictures these days!

• Francine Weber

May 30, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Thank you! I always forget to put a bib on her, so her clothes are always wet from sucking on them/her fingers.

I love reading & responding to your comments!