1. Fun mail! Isn’t it lovely to get surprises in the mail? Emails and texts are good, too, but nothing beats a handwritten note- and a gift? I love it. I got to be part of Ashley‘s Penpal Project, and today I found a sweet little package with an even sweeter note in my mailbox. Luckily, Grace was so preoccupied with the junk mail I gave her to play with that she didn’t even try to swipe mine. 🙂
2. The month of May. Spring has finally arrived (crossing all of my extremities that the snow is GONE til Christmas!) and everything is starting to bloom, I can take the kids outside without extra layers, the bugs aren’t out yet, and we have all the fun and promise of summer to look forward to. Yesterday we had a picnic on the deck, just because we can.
3. Four fingered mugs. You know, the ones that when you hold, you can fit four fingers on the handle instead of three? I was recently talking about this with my brother, then a friend sent one to me. I love it everytime I pick it up- it’s not that regular mug handles are bad, but this just feels luxurious. What can I say? It’s the little things, people. Plus, I just have a thing for coffee mugs.
4. Going places sans children. Parents, you know what I’m talking about. It’s fun (sometimes) to take the kids out and about, but it’s always a lot of work. I went to the library for like an hour the other day, and it was amazing. Of course, realizing how much I relished that tells me I really need to get out more. It’s incredible how refreshing just an hour to myself can be.
5. If you know me at all, you’ll know that I’ve loved The Office since I started watching it waaaay back in it’s early days. (I admit that some of it wasn’t great, but seasons 1-3 are golden.) I’ve devoted many hours to watching it over the years, and one of my roommates and I even made up a drinking game for it. Consequently, I’m also a fan of John Krasinski (you know you are, too) and loved this bit he did with Jimmy Fallon. It’s bittersweet that the show is ending, but things like this make it a bit better. 🙂
Hope you’re having a good week! Now head over to see everyone’s faves!