1. My mom and sister came up for part of the weekend for a quickie visit before my sis moves back east for a year. Grace loved having two of her favorite people to come and play. 🙂 She also showed off her mad twirling skillz until she was so dizzy she couldn’t walk straight. It was awesome. I can’t wait for her to be old enough for those cute little preschool dance classes. 🙂
2. Who watched the Oscars? We didn’t have a party, but decided to pop some bubbly anyway, just for fun. Did your picks win? I had wanted to see The Artist anyway, but now I’m really curious since it did so well. And we all loved Octavia Spencer. We finally got around to watching The Help the night before (I know, I know) so we were rooting for her anyway. I thought her dress was gorgeous and her speech was totally endearing.
3. I’d been noticing lately that a lot of people out there in bloggyland had been finding some fun treasures on the cheap in their thrift stores. I decided to give it another try, since it had been months, and came up with almost nothing. I’m pretty sure it’s mostly the lack of a nearby big city, which would give a lot more variety, better brands, and more options in my size. I’ll have to keep it in mind the next time I visit someone in a metro area. On the plus side, I did score some super-cute shorts for Grace this summer, so it wasn’t a total loss.
4. My best friend from forever (our parents met in LaMaze classes while they were pregnant with us and have been friends ever since) just moved to Phoenix to be with her fiancé. It’s a bummer that we can’t hang out in person often, but came up with a great way to spend time together. We decided not to let the miles get in the way, so we opted to watch a movie together via the phone and Netflix instant watch. I highly recommend it- best afternoon I’ve had in a long time. Almost as good as our middle school sleepovers listening to N’Sync. (you know you loved them too)
5. Speaking of Netflix instant watch- they’re only going to have Sesame Street available for a couple more days, and I’m about to break up with them over it. Yes, I know I’m a terrible parent for letting my kid watch TV at her age, blah blah blah. Sometimes it is a lifesaver to be able to turn it on at 4:30 pm when we’re both tired and hungry and Joe isn’t home and and and. Don’t worry- I make up for it later when I give her all organic snacks and we play educational games while she tells me about her feelings.
6. Happy Monday, everyone! Enjoy your week- spring is almost here!
linking up with Carissa again today-